Software Engineer (Rails)
Healthify is looking for exceptional generalists with production Rails experience to join our small team. We're excited about meeting candidates of all levels and backgrounds who value efficient, maintainable, tested and pragmatic code, processes and tools.
Our team's primary goal is to impact and change how social needs are identified and addressed. We're also in the unique position of having significant exposure to the enterprise healthcare IT industry. With this exposure, we hope to continue to modernize the delivery of software products within a traditionally high-process and high-inertia industry.
At Healthify we're fundamentally rethinking how healthcare organizations and communities work together to connect struggling populations to social services.
Our founding team of technologists and social workers came from a background of working with vulnerable patients in Baltimore hospitals. They saw how social needs - like access to food and housing - dramatically impacted healthcare outcomes and costs, and were driven to create Healthify with the mission of building a world where no one’s health is hindered by their need. Our products are now used by some of the country’s largest healthcare organizations.
Since our founding, we’ve been backed by impact investors and VCs - from Kapor Capital to Primary Venture Partners - and we’ve built a team that’s both diverse and mission driven. We enjoy meeting people who share in our commitment to agility, cultivating a thoughtful and safe work environment, and who are results focused. Individuals from marginalized and underrepresented communities are highly encouraged to get in touch.
About the Role
Software engineers will:
- Ship code (we pair program roughly 50% of the time)
- Perform peer code reviews
- QA product features
- Participate in iteration planning meetings, retros and interviews
- Production Rails experience
- Motivated by an interest in software craftspersonship and improving your skills
- Approaches work with empathy, respect and humility
- Self starter
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in improving the health and wellness of large and diverse patient populations
- Must be based in the US and able to work on EST
...And the following would be nice
- Experience working at early-stage startups
- Contributions to open source projects
- An interest or background in healthcare, social work or community organizing
- Comfort with front-end tools and frameworks
- Experience with search technologies (e.g. Elasticsearch or Solr)
- Interest in and experience with teaching and mentoring fellow developers
- Experience designing and optimizing databases, particularly PostgreSQL
To our employees, we promise
- The ability to make an internal impact - You’ll learn to recruit and own a piece of development of the product at a very early stage
- A commitment to cultivating a safe space - We're continuously working to make Healthify a space that's safe for people of any and every background
- The ability to have an external impact - Our team is united around building a world where no one's health is hindered by their need. You’ll be part of that
Not to mention
- Unlimited Vacation
- A top notch tech set up
- Education reimbursement allowance
- Monthly unlimited Metrocard reimbursement (in NYC)
- Excellent health, dental and vision coverage
- Friday team lunches
- Remote work options
- Flexible work schedule