Healthify is looking for a VP of Finance who'll be responsible for leading our drive toward improved financial efficiency, scalability, and rapid growth. This is an excellent opportunity for a strategic financial thinker to join us as our first finance hire, and build processes to continuously enable our growth. The ideal candidate for this position has a “no-job-too-small” mentality, is passionate about our mission, and is excited about the opportunity to be a strategic financial partner to the CEO of a dynamic, impactful, rapidly growing business.
At Healthify we're fundamentally rethinking how healthcare organizations and communities work together to connect struggling populations to social services.
Our founding team of technologists and social workers came from a background of working with vulnerable patients in Baltimore hospitals. They saw how social needs - like access to food and housing - dramatically impacted healthcare outcomes and costs and were moved to create Healthify with the mission of building a world where no one’s health is hindered by their need. Our products are now used by some of the country’s largest healthcare organizations.
Since our founding, we’ve been backed by impact investors and VCs - from Kapor Capital to Primary Venture Partners - and we’ve built a team that’s both diverse and mission-driven. We enjoy meeting people who share in our commitment to agility, cultivating a thoughtful and safe work environment, and who are results focused. People from marginalized and underrepresented communities are highly encouraged to get in touch.
About The Role
The VP of Finance will:
- Steer development of an annual operating budget and prepare quarterly forecasts
- Manage the company’s accounting function, including billing, payables, and the monthly close
- Develop and maintain a financial reporting process to identify key metrics and operating levers to measure and improve overall company performance, with an eye towards rapid growth and scalability
- Assist senior management and the board in making informed business decisions by using key financial metrics to guide decision-making
- Partner with Sales and Marketing to help improve throughput of the Sales Organization by advising on contracting business terms, evaluating ROI/Profitability, and overseeing variable compensation
- 8+ years relevant finance experience with a proven record as a strategic advisor who delivers results. MBA, CPA, or similar degree/certification preferred.
- Experience at an early stage company and/or at a private equity or venture capital firm
- Experience at a SaaS and B2B start-up
- Proven success growing businesses as a finance leader
- A knack for technology with a very strong background in Excel as well as cloud-based accounting tools to help the business run smoothly
- Alignment with and passion for a mission-driven business in the Healthcare and Social Services industry
To our employees, we promise:
- The ability to make an internal impact- You’ll help us build financial process and discipline
- A commitment to cultivating a safe space - We're continuously working to make Healthify a space that's safe for people of any and every background
- The ability to make an external impact - Our team is united around building a world where no one's health is hindered by their need, and you’ll be part of that
Not to mention:
- Unlimited Vacation
- A top-notch tech set up
- Education reimbursement allowance
- Monthly unlimited MetroCard reimbursement
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- 401k with 4% matching
- 100% covered Medical, Dental & Vision insurance
- Flexible work schedule with remote work options
- Weekly team lunches and learning opportunities
- Volunteer opportunities